Now that it has been two years since the pandemic hit us and we are back to leading our everyday lives, you can quickly return to your exercise regime. It is time to get back in shape. If you are not a gym person, you can check out the list of other exercises that can be easily performed. Exercise is a great way to build your immunity and physical health. As per the recent poll reports ofMyBioSource, 37% of people in New Mexico still adhere to the covid norms. They believe that it is better to follow preventive measures than fall sick.
At-Home Exercises To Get Fit And Active
If you have put on weight during the last two years, you need to work out to get back to your old self.
- Walking is the key– start with a walk. There is no need to walk for one hour right at the start. You can begin with a 15 minutes walk. After a week or two, you can increase the duration to 30 minutes. Once you get comfortable, turn it into a brisk walk. The more you sweat, the more you will lose weight.
- Get up and move around – if you are working from home, you should get up and move around the house after every two hours. Constantly sitting in front of the laptop puts on belly fat. Soon you will have a fat belly. However, when you take a break in between and move about, you are doing some activity, which breaks the monotony of working from home. In case you have already joined the office, you should take tea breaks after every two hours. The fact that you are getting up from the chair to fetch your tea is a form of light exercise. Do this regularly.
- Lift your toes and legs from time to time – this will keep your lower body in motion. It is best if you stand on your toes. You can stand on a countertop and then raise and lower your heels. Do this for a minimum of 15 minutes. Repeat this at least three times.
- Go for jogging – once you get accustomed to your walks, you should make a smooth transition to jogging. It is excellent exercise and good cardio. You will also sweat, which will flush out the toxins from your body.
- Yoga and meditation – it is best if you can do both. Yoga is excellent for both your body and mind. With meditation, you can calm your mind and deal better with all the stress and tension in your life. There are so many videos on YouTube on the different asanas of yoga. Why don’t you want any of those videos to do yoga at home? Many trainers will come to your home and teach you yoga. Get in touch with them to learn the different asanas from a certified professional.
- Pay Attention To All That You Eat
You must pay attention to what you are eating. Make a list of what you eat in a day. This will give you a clear idea of whether you are eating a balanced meal. Most of us are into junk food. Fried items, chocolates, cold drinks, beverages, and all other similar items make up our diet. If you work in a different city, you rely most on takeaway food. All these have severely affected your health. Unless you take charge and change what you eat daily, no matter how much you exercise, you will not see the desired results. Why don’t you consult a dietician or a nutritionist? And ask the expert to come up with a diet chart. Stick to this chart and eat only what is recommended. Soon you will notice a significant difference.
- How You Look Has A Psychological Impact
When you are fat, people make fun of you. No one expects you to lose weight. Everyone is busy advising you on what to do and what not to do. This has a severe impact on your emotional wellbeing. You feel sad and gloomy. You refuse to go to social gatherings because you fear that people will mock you. In the long run, this fear of rejection can turn into depression as well.
We all know there has been a significant rise in depression in the last two years. Altogether, things have gone way out of control. But now that things are getting back to normal, you have ways and means to lose weight quickly. And once you do and become thin, people will start complimenting you. This will boost your morale, and you will feel good about yourself.
To bring about a change in your life, you need to change what you are eating and start exercising. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?